|A collection in Coral- On trend for Spring: Wrap top by Lirola, Necklace by Sweet Sincerity, Umbrella by Jen Hanlon Ash Photo, Brown Top by zelaya, Capris by Salts, Wedge Heels by South Of Africa, Purse by loom and hyde, and Earrings by Sweet Sincerity|
- Live it Up with Jewelry
- I promise I am not just saying this because I am a Jewelry Designer. Jewelry is one DURABLE fashion accessory that you can pretty much rock all year long! That is of course with the exception of feather earrings, which I suggest you leave at home on a rainy day unless you want to have a "bad feather day" in addition to a bad hair day.
- Invest in a Colorful Umbrella
- If you do, not only will you avoid getting completely drenched, you may find yourself a little cheerier from the beautiful bright colors of your oh-so-practical accoutrement, despite overcast skies. (HINT: you want to find an umbrella that is so bright and beautiful you look forward to rainy days so you can use it.)
- Consider Wearing Shoes that are the Color of Mud
- Spring in Maine=Mud, simple as that. So, wearing cute, brownish, WASHABLE shoes is a necessity. If your not adverse to wearing a platform shoe, those few extra inches will elevate your tootsies above most murky puddles, keeping your feet high and dry.
- Wear Capris
- Not only are these stylish bottoms complementary to most body types, they also are a perfect choice for spring wear. When the weather seems to be having as much as an identity crisis as capris themselves (you know, they're not long enough to be pants/not short enough to be shorts), you'll have enough leg coverage for a cool, rainy day with enough skin exposed to let your ankles feel a warm breeze if the weather warms up.
- Layer on the Shirts
- One tank top that you wouldn't mind sporting out in public + One long sleeve shirt + One wrap or light jacket = Spring Preparedness. If it's a little brisk out you're covered, but you can progressively peel back the layers when you start sweating like a pig. (NOTE: Avoid sleeveless turtlenecks as your base layer-they are the deceptive little liars of the sleeveless world. If it's 90 degrees Fahrenheit out, your arms may be cool but the rest of you will be wishing for an icy death, as the turtleneck acts like a thick, smothering scarf around your neck!)
- Carry a Giant Purse
- After shedding layers you may find yourself wondering, "Where am I gunna put all these stinkin' clothes when I must, by necessity, disrobe in public?" Enter awesomely large purse. If you store your layers in your bag when you're not using them, when the climate inevitably turns frigid cold again, you have them close at hand to put back on.
|Umbrella Garland by GFetti|
Well, I sure hope that helps! Happy Spring Dressing! May the Weather be always in your favor ;) And if it's not, may you always have an umbrella.